About the business:
Oman Marketing and Services Company (Omasco) is a leading trading, property and financial services business in the Sultanate of Oman with key activities in automotive, marine, electronics, projects and engineering, industrial products and other services. Established in 1974, the company represents leading world-renowned brands and strives to be one of the most respected companies in Oman. The Sultanate of Oman holds a well deserved reputation as a highly desirable lifestyle location on the Indian Ocean coast of the Arab Peninsular.
Omasco is represented across Oman with sales and service teams based in each key city or town. The team in Omasco is highly motivated towards trying to provide an excellent customer experience supported by regular training by the franchise Principals to ensure all products can be properly serviced and maintained.
The company holds exclusive distributorship rights in Oman for many world-class brands including Honda, Panasonic, Toyo, Yanmar, GE, Black & Decker, Raymond Weil, Kolber, Dow, Prominent, Culligan, Alba, BPL, Aftron, Rheem, Hamilton Jet and ADNOC.
About the job:
The candidate Will be responsible for sales, marketing & events of the Electronics Retail. Will drive sales and marketing initiatives at stores - exceed sales targets, expertise in store Operations & display compliances with excellent customer service skills. He should be self driven and high on taking initiative with proven experience in sales management and ability to drive retail marketing initiatives. He will be responsible for the team's performance and should provide necessary support and motivation for performance achievement and team growth by recommending necessary staff training based on the job requirements.
About you: In order to apply for this role you should possess the following:
Educational/Technical Qualifications & Experience:
* The candidates should be graduate (MBA preferred) with retail mgmt competency. * proficiency in MS office and social websites. * Minimum of 5+ years experience. * Open for all retail industry.
Our client is one of Qatar’s oldest and largest business entities, a portfolio that includes several internationally acclaimed brands. The successful candidate will be a native English speaker who is University degree educated.
Key Responsibilities: •Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations •Communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships •Sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press (local regional, national and specialist publications) •Managing the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters and DVD’s •Writing content and proofreading copy both on and offline •Writing and distributing company press releases •Organising photo shoots, events and sourcing sponsorship •Maintaining and updating the group’s databases •Solid SEM and SEO experience is required
•A proven track record of developing and creating successful marketing campaigns •Must be proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint •A university degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Digital Communications or similar •2-3 years of agency/in-house experience •Experience speaking with the press and media will be an advantage •An enthusiastic self starter who is independent and adaptable
About the Company
We are an international recruitment consultancy focusing exclusively on the digital, PR, communications, sales, marketing and information sectors. Our consultancy goes beyond finding and nurturing the best talent. For our clients we offer tailored advice on recruitment strategy, from competency based interviewing to staff retention. With offices in London and Dubai, we have a ten year heritage in international recruitment. Our services cover Western and Eastern Europe, Turkey, the Middle East, India and the Far East.
A top organization in Qatar seeks an Online Content Specialist. The position requires a dedicated team member who will develop creative concepts and drive strategic online initiatives in support of marketing initiatives and to further our communications goals.
The duties include: Write copy and messaging for social media engagement campaigns in a range of registers for different target audiences. Content will be written in English. Develop, communicate and pitch campaigns, including strategy, goals, budget and calendar. Create innovative and creative campaigns in support of marketing initiatives across social media channels and the organization’s website. Investigate new social media platforms to determine their suitability for the organization. Benchmark and research industry leaders in social media. Analyze social media campaign performance using social analytics tools. Develop and maintain relationships with key online/social media influencers. Provide guidance and support to brand, marketing and PR/media teams to maximize social media impact.
BA, BS or equivalent. Strong attention to detail. 3+ years developing and delivering online content to multiple audiences in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Excellent writing, copy-editing and proof-reading skills. Strong visual awareness and ability to quickly scan through large numbers of photos to find those with the highest visual impact. Experience creating campaigns and using multiple social media platforms to build awareness, engage and excite new and existing supporters and furthering the organization’s communications goals. Proven experience developing innovative and successful marketing campaigns using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other relevant platforms. Experience working cross-functionally and comfort interacting with other employees at all levels. Experience working in highly diverse, multi-lingual environment. Candidates with work experience in the Arab world and/or a working knowledge of Arabic are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent communication, presentation and relationship-building skills.
Writing of PR editorial and ensure publication in different media. Writing marketing materials and communicating with the public in regards to what is happening with the project in their community. Responsible for all Media Relations. In charge of protocol and VIP visits.
Bachelor Degree with minimum of (10) years experience in Public Relations / Marketing / Communication. Must be an Arabic Speaker with a very Good command of English Language. Very good command of typing and computer skills are highly desirable.
The secondee would be working for a multi national PR agency , based in-house at the client's office while maintaining a direct client report to Director of Communications who would oversee the secondee, ensuring knowledge transfer and rapid upscaling of support.
The secondee would manage and direct the day-to-day interface between the client and the consultancy, working with all appropriate divisions, but only action activity on approval and agreement with the client head of marketing and communications and in accordance with agreed action plans.
The secondee would handle all aspects of the role as if he or she were employed by the organisation and would manage all communications activities, such as liaising with suppliers. The benefit of giving the secondee this level of responsibility is an enhanced ability to work alone under minimal supervision.
The consultant is also an integral part of the PR agency and is able to draw on local Doha resources of the company for projects such as media tours, or participation in events or initiatives across or outside the region, as required.
Specifically, the role includes:
- Delivering the tactical elements of communications/media relations programme - Planning, creating and managing a programme of public relations activities on a daily basis - Working with English and Arabic speaking media, locally and regionally to facilitate and promote the dissemination of news and publicity - Managing the production (in English and Arabic) and dissemination of all external communications activities in collaboration with the Director of Communications, which includes briefing documents, press releases, press interviews and press conferences. - Write, edit and review Arabic and English press releases / articles for publications in national and regional print media in a journalistic style and on a broad range of topics related to hospitality. - Manage incoming queries and prepare responses to questions posed by the media - Research and identify media publication opportunities - Identify activities that will deliver the communications needs and ensure accurate and timely delivery of them. - Advise on the options available within each opportunity, providing counsel and guidance to the client.
Social media would also be part of the job description and below are key focus areas:
- Develop a plan of action to determine how the client's digital and social media presence will be managed - Lead the development and implementation of effective advertising and promotional campaigns for the brand - Ability to write creative content and come up with creative social media campaigns that will reach the wider Qatari community - Writing posts and providing content ideas for articles and discussion pieces for the brand through researching current topics of interest - Keep up with new developments and updates within the digital marketing space
- Understands the importance of timesheets, not over-servicing, proper budgeting
- Is able to identify new business opportunities with existing clients
3 - 5 years exp with agency or client
Hospitality or tourism would be preferred
Bilingual - Arabic and English
Educated to Degree level
About the Company
The Adecco Group is the world's leading provider of HR solutions. With more than 33,000 FTE employees and a network of 5,600 branches, in over 60 countries and territories around the world, we offer a wide variety of services, connecting close to 750,000 associates with well over 100,000 clients every day.
The services we offer fall into the broad categories of temporary staffing, permanent placement, career transition, talent development and workforce management solutions, as well as outsourcing and consulting.
The Adecco Group is based in Zurich-Glattbrugg, Switzerland and we are a Fortune Global 500 company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
Purpose of job:
To increase the impact of the British Council’s work in Arts, English language, Education, Science, Sport and Society through excellent external communications; to maximise reach through effective management of contacts and networks, creative PR and marketing and planned local media campaigns; to increase engagement and visibility within the British Council through quality internal communications; to manage the communications and marketing for Qatar UK 2013 Year of Culture.
Context and environment: As the United Kingdom’s international cultural relations organisation, the British Council works to build trust and understanding between people in the UK and 110 countries around the world. The British Council has been present in Qatar since 1972, and currently employs 80 full time staff. We work with Qatari partners to deliver programmes in the Arts, English language, Education, Science, Sport and Society. 2013 is the Qatar-UK Year of Culture, a season of cultural and educational activities in Qatar and the UK to strengthen ties between the two countries. The season has attracted significant media interest and we need to ensure that the impact generated is positive and sustainable long-term.
1. External Communications and Media
Ensure that the British Council’s programmes are well represented both in the media in Qatar and the UK by developing and implementing a strategic communications plan. Generate a supply of high quality stories and images which demonstrate the British Council’s impact and ensure they reach our target audiences through planned media campaigns. Develop and maintain a comprehensive network and database of media and VIP contacts, and ensure that they are kept well informed about our programmes. Actively engage with key contacts and media through networking and face-to-face meetings. Ensure that external communication strategies and implementation plans are integrated in project delivery plans for all programmes and projects. Monitor and analyse media coverage and circulate monthly coverage reports to stakeholders. Work closely with digital content manager to ensure that the website and all digital channels have relevant up-to-date content, consistent with the communications plan. Comply with all returns and actions requested by Regional Communications team within agreed timeframe and to appropriate quality standards.
2. Internal Communications
Ensure that British Council colleagues in Qatar, the MENA region and the UK, understand and engage with our work, sharing successes and lessons learned. Ensure Qatar is well represented in British Council corporate media, both regional and global, with creative and interesting stories. Oversee the production of the weekly staff newsletter to ensure all staff in Qatar are informed and engage with our current and future work. Ensure relevant sections of Country Plan, Country Marketing Analysis, Country Brief, Visitors Notes and all other required planning, strategy and information documents are clear, readable, up-to-date and accurate. Incorporate internal communications strategies to work plans for projects. Maintain and update country project pages on MENA regional website and ensure The British Council Qatar is well represented in all on-line collections of stories.
Advise Project Managers on effective marketing campaigns for projects as required, develop and oversee implementation plans accordingly. Ensure that all marketing activity for projects is joined-up, seeking synergies as appropriate. Commission and manage production of project collaterals as required and ensure all collaterals are compliant with BC brand guidelines. Identify appropriate channels and media for each project. Produce marketing and communications materials on time and provide optimum value for money while remaining within budget. Ensure they are consistently on message, in line with the corporate brand manual and adhere to corporate standards. Comply with all returns and actions requested by Regional Marketing team within agreed timeframe and to appropriate quality standards.
4. People management
Line Manage up to three communications coordinators.
5. Finance related duties
Perform all financial processes related to the role accurately and in a timely manner.
6. Monitoring and Evaluation
Responsible for country scorecard returns, reporting to Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, Head of Programmes and Project Managers.
Gather qualitative and quantitative feedback on our programmes on an on-going basis which informs improvements to existing programmes and the development of new programmes and activities.
Internal : - Project managers and coordinators, Head of Partnerships and Programmes, Digital Content Manager, Marketing Manager, Finance team, Country Director - MENA and UK teams
External - Media : journalists and media organisations - Marketing service providers - Project Stakeholders - Projects network /contacts - British Embassy media team
Other important features or requirements of the job
Some unsocial hours and weekend working required, occasional travel (domestic & international)
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent English writing skills (IELTS 7.0 or equivalent)
- Media Relations and Corporate Communications
- Project/ Event Management
- University Graduate
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Written and spoken Arabic
- Relevant sectoral knowledge
- People Management
- Public Relations or Media Qualification
About the Company
The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relationships.
Our purpose is to build mutually beneficial relationships between people in the UK and other countries and to increase appreciation of the UK’s ideas and achievements. We work in 100 countries and every year we help to create some form of personal contact with the UK for 16 million people around the world.
We are known around the world as leaders in the teaching and learning of English language. We are also a gateway to world-class education, a channel for the arts, science and technology, a cultural exchange, a facilitator for international partnerships, and a resource for development, good governance, human rights and positive social change.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect diversity of UK society at every level within the organization. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet essential criteria. We are registered in England as a charity.
As a Head of Internal Communications you will be required to develop employee engagement programs, cascade and communicate in a timely, consistent and innovative manner. You will be helping to reinforce the company's culture and to build employee motivation.
Your main tasks & responsibilities will be to formulate, develop and disseminate the overall Internal Communications for Nawras and ensure its successful implementation. You will be leading the dissemination of best practices in internal communications across all teams, developing meaningful plans and executing them effectively. You will also be providing a centre of excellence for internal communications which will provide guidance, knowledge sharing and support across Nawras and Ooredoo Group. You will be managing the unit and acting as a role model for effective communication across the organisation.
Your responsibilities shall also include the following:
*Developing and cascading communication that translate the organisation's business plans into key messages, as well as the delivery of thought leadership across the business *Developing strategic communicationآ plans for enhancing Nawras internal brand and position it as an Employer of Choice internally and externally *Champion Nawras core brand values and cascade the same across the organisation *Conceptualise and implementing strategic Tie-ups with external agencies pertaining to employee benefit *Leading in the development and management of Crisis Communication, Change Communication and M&A Communication *Building a superior capacity for change through an intense understanding and measured management of employee engagement (liaising with People department) *Leading the development of and implement post survey plans based on the employee's feedback from the employee engagement questionnaire in conjunction with the HR teams. *Managing the provision of support of Ooredoo Group with their employee engagement initiatives. Provide regular Nawras news to the Group intranet (Buzz) *Responding to requests (pushing information out); plans information flow and best use of channels (managing information); supports managers and leaders as communicators (business support); connects business goals to the conversation in the business (strategic role).
To be considered for this role you should have masters degree, preferably in business administration or communications related discipline with minimum of 8 years of working experience in a similar position. * Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships across all levels * Strong leadership, project management and problem solving skills * Flexible * Creative mind with strong analytical skills * Work well under pressure * Business focussed - ability to manage resources, deadlines and budgets * Self-driven * Excellent communications skills * Fluent in English (written and spoken) * Good MS Office Skills * Good project management skills * Strategy Development * Communications Planning & Implementation * Change & Crisis Communication * Engagement Survey result interpretation
About the Company
Omani Qatari Telecommunications Company SAOG was founded and registered in the Sultanate of Oman in December 2004. It launched its service in March 2005 as the second mobile operator in Oman operating under the name Nawras. Nawras is majority owned by the Qtel Group, the leading telecommunications provider in Qatar and one of the world’s leading telecommunications companies.
As a company, Nawras embodies extensive global and local expertise with talented, caring people. While we are a state-of-the-art full service telecommunication provider, we have a deep understanding of the Omani culture and the diverse population living in the Sultanate, allowing us to provide our customers with the highest levels of user-friendly technology and customer satisfaction, while giving our people opportunities to grow and develop their abilities.
Nawras is looking for ambitious team players that can bring an international mindset to our local company. In turn we are providing a unique working environment, a chance to grow professionally and the opportunity to cultivate an exciting future with constant skill development.
Job Summary: Responsible for developing and implementing our client Group’s marketing strategy across all store concepts and brands.
• Strategic/Planning o Setting and overseeing the implementation of the overall marketing strategy, in accordance with our clients guidelines o Identifying and sustaining the strategic position of our client Group in the regional market • Technical o Managing and monitoring subordinates to ensure the implementation of the marketing strategies for brands and store concepts, as part of our client Group’s strategy o Ensuring that Brands’ Suppliers’ marketing requirements are implemented o Being responsible for marketing planning and budgeting (target segmentation, budget allocation over different segments/channels, events calendar, ... etc.) o Suggesting product mixes, new locations, and other insights based on the CRM and Intelligence Team’s reports o Overseeing the application of marketing strategies throughout all store concepts, in cooperation with the Stores’ Managers o Managing and monitoring the marketing executive to ensure the implementation of the marketing strategy, alongside ADabisc o Budgeting, managing, and identifying different advertising channels to ensure that the overall marketing strategy can be successfully implemented o Overseeing the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, and flyers; this can involve writing, proofreading, and liaising with designers and printers o Organizing and attending events and exhibitions to manage public relations o Constantly screening the market and analyzing competitors’ activities, along with the CRM and Intelligence team, to enable the forecasting of market status • People Management o Coaching, managing, supporting, and motivating the subordinates; namely Brand Specialists, CRM and Intelligence Specialist, and Marketing Communications Executive o Evaluating and appraising the performance of the subordinates; namely Brand Specialists, CRM and Intelligence Specialist, and Marketing Communications Executive o Being responsible for staffing subordinate positions of the subordinates; namely Brand Specialists, CRM and Intelligence Specialist, and Marketing Communications Executive • External Relations o Ensuring smooth communication between the Retail department and external entities related to marketing; namely ADabisc, through the Marketing Communications Executive o Building and maintaining strategic relationship with different media channels to ensure staying ahead of competition • Interdepartmental o Maintaining communication between the Marketing Department and other Departments to carry out strategies and plans • General o Achieving operational excellence and cost optimization across all marketing and advertising activities, achieving biggest impact with the least possible expenses o Ensuring proper implementation of organizational strategies, protocols, and business processes o Providing periodical reports to the Managing Director on the Marketing Department’s performance o Undertaking other related duties assigned by the Managing Director
• A bachelor’s degree • Minimum 10-12 years of relevant experience • Outstanding knowledge of marketing strategies, methodologies, and best practices • Very good understanding of business • Outstanding functional knowledge • Outstanding leadership capabilities • Very good alertness • Very good emotional intelligence • Very good proactivity • Very good resourcefulness • Outstanding communication skills • Outstanding coordination skills • Outstanding strategic orientation • Very good accuracy • Outstanding flexibility • Outstanding presentation skills • Outstanding customer orientation
• Fluent in using English in verbal and written communication • Preferably fluent in Arabic in verbal and written communication
The responsibilities of the Corporate & PR Department are twofold. First, the department helps to build, promote and protect the QF Brand and image through communication campaigns focused on the QF umbrella organization and its three pillars. Second, the department provides strategic communication services to the QF Centers through Shared Services agreements. The Corporate & PR Specialist is responsible for overseeing the Shared Service projects for the Corporate and PR Department.
The role is wide ranging, requiring timely coordination of multiple projects and the managing of relationships with multiple stakeholders on a daily basis. The specialist should be an expert in the field of Public Relations, extremely organized and detail-oriented, customer-focused, with demonstrated ability multitask without losing sight of key objectives.
The services provided by the Corporate & PR department are: public relations campaigns of all sizes, media training workshops, PR / Communication / internal communications strategy, media monitoring. In order to manage such services effectively, the incumbent should have significant demonstrated ability and experience in the PR field.
Key Result Areas:
• Receiving and documenting service requests from QF centers, in coordination with the Project Accounts Department, ensuring all request briefs include the necessary details about the project. • Appointing the appropriate agency for project implementation as required • Serving as the QF Focal point for the outsourced agency, ensuring all results meet QF quality standards. • Working closely with the Projects Accounts Department, the outsourced agency and the QF Center customer, ensuring each stakeholder is well-informed about the project and all needs are met. • Documenting all Corporate & PR Service projects to meet Shared Services requirements. • Ensuring all PR campaigns, media training workshops, communications strategy documents, jey messages etc. produced for QF centers through Shared Services are aligned with the QF communication strategy and PR campaign. • Working with the Projects Accounts Specialist to monitor budgetary matters related to Shared Services carried out by the Corporate & PR Department.
• BA/BS in Communications, Public Relations, or Journalism. 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a large organization with a diverse stakeholder base. • Dedication to delivering high-quality products on time. Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills. Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple stakeholders. Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment. Bilingual in Arabic and English. Excellent writing skills.
•Implement the social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company’s products and services. •Work with the Product development team to ensure social media tools (for ex. FB connect, Sharing buttons) are kept up to date. •Manage social media team and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts, promotions, etc. •Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed. •Become an advocate of the Company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate. •Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results. •Regularly feedback insights gained from social media monitoring into the Marketing and Editorial teams, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion. •Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications.
•Strong project management or organizational skills. •In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios. •Knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to the Company’s field. •Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships. •Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary. •Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly. •Public relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience, a plus. •Solid knowledge of Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio, audio recording and editing software, in addition to familiarity with consumer level applications like iMovie, GarageBand, MovieMaker and Photostory. • Familiarity with narrative and illustrative conventions and techniques in temporal media. •Ability to consult and provide compositional guidance to staff on media projects. •Ability to work closely with various members of the IT community in concept and project development to meet their needs. •Very strong photographic, video graphic skills. •Ability to plan and schedule complex productions, organize and manage social media team and meet deadlines. •Very strong interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel. Must also demonstrate experience working in a team-oriented environment. •Experience with both PC’s and Mac’s a plus as well as a wide variety of software applications. •Fluent in Arabic and English.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a digital media related discipline or equivalent