OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY OFFICIAL REPRESENTATIVE OF THE SPONSOR
RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL MATTERS LEGAL AND OTHERS; MATTERS PERTAINING TO THE GOVERNMENT
DEPARTMENTS (DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY) & PROVIDE ASSISTANCE WITH RECOVERIES.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Correspondence & Follow up with all governmental departments regarding licenses, permits etc via telephone, fax, mail and visits in person. • Follow up on freight clearance of shipments through Customs or any other departments • Resolution of any legal matters through legal experts • Actively assist department heads with any recovery matters which are escalated • Preparing / Translating all official business correspondence / documents in Arabic • Manage the organization’s response including PR response to important issues and in times of crisis. • Maintaining and updating information in the company’s official database on governmental websites such as MOI, GOSI. • Assist in preparing organizational documents such as annual reports & corporate profiles • Develop and implement internal & external (public/media) communication strategies for the organization from time to time • Advise management on internal and external (public/media) communication issues and strategies as & when required • Arrange interviews with journalists, prepare and distribute news releases and make statements to the media from time to time • Present arguments on behalf of an organization to government, other organizations and special interest groups • Keep an eye on public opinion about an organization or particular issues • Fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives • Analyze and direct Operations with regards to Record & Maintenance of Vehicles (including workshop follow-ups, traffic department & traffic violations etc) , Business Premises and Facilities i.e. all Property (rented or owned) • Resolve all employee conflicts pertaining to legal matters including employee to employee challenges, employee and employer problems and employee and legal challenges • Responsible for all legal affairs encompassing but not limiting to operating licenses such as facilitating Civil Defense (Fire Fighting) Procedures, MVPI registrations employee residence permits issuance & renewals, municipal issues and all governmental regulatory authorities. • To update & inform the company about any new legal ruling including labor laws, trade practices, import / exports, Zakat department & Income reforms, GOSI, Employee Health Insurance and all Saudi Government regulations
CONSULTS WITH / LIAISON
• Operations Staff • Sales Staff • Accounts Staff • All levels of management
Admin, Finance, Operations & Sales Staff
• Matters pertaining to Vehicles / Property Maintenance, etc
• Employee Relationship Management / Conflict Management
• Resolves any accounting disputes in relation to clearing agents for imports
• Advise about legal affairs
• Advise of government change of policies pertaining to our business
OTHER FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Checks his emails and fax regularly and responds to them in a timely manner
• Uses emails for interoffice communication regularly
• Bachelor’s Degree • Should be computer literate with skills in Ms. Office package • Ability to form relationships with clients • Strong communication skills • Good organizational skills and flexibility • Negotiating Skills • Public Speaking Ability • Confidence & Discretion • Time Management
- Communicate "brand stories" in line with BankDhofar's brand strategy. - Implement effective public relations communications plans, using appropriate publications and media channels. - Support the PR Manager in opinion leadership activities to position BankDhofar as the No. 1 bank for banking industry and market knowledge. - Manage day-to-day press enquiries, working with colleagues across the organization to draft and issue statements, press lines and responses in accordance with the organization's procedures. - Sending out relevant releases to local, regional and international media. - Ensuring there is at least one positive story about BankDhofar in the newspapers every week. - Supporting the PR Manager with media interview requests, preparing briefings for the BankDhofar’s spokespeople, accompanying spokespeople and carry out any follow up. - Support PR Manager in writing press releases. - Act as a press & broadcast media spokesperson on behalf of BankDhofar. - Identifying regional media opportunities and preparing Q&A’s for interview requests. - Sell in` news stories to national, regional and sector press. - Daily communications with members of the media network, developing relations and seeking opportunities. - Support the PR Manager in implementation the annual report. - Support the PR Manager in creating articles for the employee magazine. - Support the PR Manager in creating and issuing reports and press packs (fact sheets, biographies and Q&A’s) etc. for the circulation to the media. - Continually seek PR opportunities for all the operating companies. - Check the daily media monitoring service (from 3rd party supplier) to ensure no article has been missed. - Draft presentations and speaking notes for management teams attendance at seminars and conferences. - Continually advising the PR Manager on new PR opportunities. - Monitoring ‘BankDhofar" on 3rd party websites and inform & liaise with all other team member. - As well as external PR, support internal PR activities working with PR Manager and the Internal Events Officer. - Filing of newspapers, adverts of BankDhofar and our competitors.
- Bachelor's Degree holder. - 2 plus years experience in a similar role and has a related - Sound understanding of PR concepts. - Good understanding of media in Oman. - Must have proven capability in coordinating and liaising with the media and PR agencies. - Should possess effective communication and presentation skills (Oral and Verbal). - Should have a knowledge Planning & Organising. - Should be self motivated, initiative, innovative and dynamic. - Should possess Analytical and Strategic thinking skills. - Should be able to work with Team. - Passion to do great work for a great brand!
About the Company
Established on January 1 1990, Bank Dhofar is an Omani commercial bank wholly owned and managed by Omanis. With successive years of constantly setting new standards in banking, BD has attained an impressively expanding network of 50 operational branches and 89 ATMs. Through an international network linked by advanced technology, BD provides a comprehensive range of financial services that encompass personal financial services; commercial banking; corporate, investment banking and markets; private banking; and other activities. Its Board of Directors & Management Team consists of eminent professionals like accountants, management experts, economists, businesspersons, etc. The Bank has strengths in both retail and corporate banking and is committed to adopting the best industry practices internationally in order to achieve excellence.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
To provide SAP MENA the services related to government regulations and approvals and at the same time to contribute/assist in the office operations whenever required.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
* To submit and ensure the processing of all types of applications and paperwork to the local government bodies, including but not limited to visit visas, employment or residence visas, car registrations, Trade License, labor permits, export license, economic license, foreign license, etc. * To proactively manage the timely renewal of all Employment Visas and Labor Permits. * Assist employees in renewing visas for their immediate dependants. * To assist all GM sponsored staff and their dependents in the medical check process. * Send employees a notification on documentation required prior to their visa/labor card expiring. * Manage the visa checklist as when the rules on visa/labor changes. * Assist the company and the employees with visa arrangements in Embassies. * To maintain database of all passports and residence visas by scanning all documents and directly updating the database when details change. * Maintain and update the Freezone site on a regular basis by checking for expiry on CEC /gate pass/export licenses /portal accounts and ensure to manage the minimum required fund on the portal. * To renew all company related licenses prior to their expiry date. * Send out notifications on documentation required to renew trade licenses and complete surveys, etc. required by the government bodies at the time of license renewals. * Submit detailed reports related to visa expenses to the finance department. * To submit required documentation to the banks and process bank transactions as advised by the Regional Finance Manager. * Assist in company errands when required to.
* Minimum 4 years experience in a government liaison role/PRO in the UAE (Dubai & Media City Free zone).
* Strong background of UAE Labor law.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES * Very good oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic. * Proficient typing skills in English and Arabic. * High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively particularly with local government bodies. * Excellent organization skills. * Good computer skills. * College graduate, preferably Bachelor’s degree. * Knowledge and experience on the portal system usage (Immigration and Media City Free zone). * With a valid UAE driver’s license.